API is committed to respecting our users’ privacy and security. However, we do collect and use various bits of information about you through use of the site, to enhance your enjoyment of the API service:
1. Personal data – (name and address etc) through which it is possible to identify you. You will always know when this data is being collected and it will only be used for specific purposes to which you have consented.
2. Aggregated Statistical Data – all other non-personal information that relates purely to generic statistics such as traffic flow and demographics. It is not possible to identify you through this data.
API will only collect, use and transfer you Personal Data if you have consented to that collection, use and transfer, except in circumstances where it is necessary to conform to legal requirements; protect and defend our rights or property; or to protect the interest of other users.
This data is collected through Registration Forms. On submitting the Registration Form you give your consent to API:
- Collecting the information that is on the Registration Form, and information about your movements around and use of the site and other API owned or managed sites;
- Using that information to contact you with relevant material, for example about your use or potential use of the site and other API owned or managed sites.
- Transferring that information to other API companies (subsidiaries or affiliates), and to those API companies contacting you with other relevant material, for example about your use or potential use of other API owned or managed sites.
- Transferring the information to API’s site partner if the site is one which API publishes and manages for a third party partner (i.e. a club, organization or sponsor), and to that partner contacting you with relevant material. By checking other boxes on the Registration Form, or giving your specific consent at other times you can additionally choose to have your Personal Data passed on to specially selected Third Parties that API believes will be able to supply you with useful information, and for those Third Parties to contact you with relevant marketing material.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing API at email@example.com On occasion we may collect Personal Data in other ways – i.e. through competition entry forms or other occasional services. Unless you have consented otherwise by having already submitted a API Registration Form, we will only use that data to contact you about that particular service, unless we indicate otherwise.
Other non-personal information will be collected and use by API and may be transferred to third parties. Any such statistical or demographic information will not include personal details through which you could be identified. In addition to non-personal information given on your Registration Form, information is automatically collected about traffic around the site. This is also used in aggregate form and no individual user will be identified.
API uses “cookie” to speed up access to the site (it bypasses checking the registration user database) and to enhance your experience of the site by customizing it according to your interests. A cookie is a small piece of information sent from the API to your computer to help us to identify you quickly. It is possible for you to disable these cookies by changing your browser setting, but this may slow down or prohibit access to parts of the site.
Security is paramount to API in respect of your data. We use a variety of software to ensure appropriate security and encryption.